Temporary title #1546
The world is currently united in confronting the COVID-19 pandemic which is having devastating negative
impact on all spheres of life. The Human Development Innovation Fund (HDIF), a UKAID innovation
programme in Tanzania, is contributing to the COVID-19 response both directly and indirectly through
In a bid to contribute further to the fight, HDIF is launching a COVID-19 Response Challenge that aims to find,
support, and amplify innovative market-ready solutions that are addressing the effects of COVID-19 in
We’re looking for
Innovative market-ready solutions that counteract the negative effects that COVID-19 has had in the
provision of health, Education, WASH, or Early Childhood Development (ECD) services in Tanzania.
The challenge offers a platform to local COVID-19 Response innovators to be visible, recognized and
potentially further supported to scale. More specifically, selected innovators will stand a chance to win the
- An opportunity to pitch to a virtual audience including Development Partners, corporates and other
stakeholders who may be interested in support further the innovations;
- A cash award of up to TZS 30 Million to be invested in the innovation;
- Advisory support from the HDIF Team and partners for up to a period of 3 months.
Criteria for selection
- The presented solution must have been already piloted/tested in Tanzania
- The capacity of the team to effectively and immediately deploy the solution
- The solution’s viability
- The solution must address COVID-19 effects in the provision of health, education WASH, or ECD services in Tanzania
Process and key timelines
- Apply by filling this form by 25 May 2020
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed by 29 May 2020 and invited to pitch their solutions to a panel of
judges during an online webinar to be held on or around 5 June 2020. The webinar will be open to the
public. Other Development Partners and corporates interested in finding COVID-19 Response solutions to
fund will be invited.
- Depending on the number and quality of pitched innovations, HDIF will award up to (3) three solutions
and the rest will be up for grab by other potential funders.
How to apply
Please apply by filling and submitting this form before 25 May 2020